[Az-Geocaching] Arizona State trust land correction

Bryon Culling listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:09:41 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1846044571-1083204581=:42860

You dont' want to be embarrassed?  Trust me, that would be the last thing you need to worry about.  How about the $500.00 dollar fine that goes along with that?  A couple of my Off road friends have had to pay that after they were caught out and about near Tuscan last year.   Many places you go might not be on STL but sometimes you have to cross STL to get there.  Just get the use permit and save yourselves the head ach later.

bad thing is that they dont' ahve to post signs but you ARE responsable for knowing where you are.  The cops don't have to give you warnings and in some places they wont.  they'll just give you a ticket for each person in your group who dosn't have a permit.

I've got two STL use permits.  one famely and one through a OHV club.  I keep them in a pouch with my GPS, Extra batteries, cords, compas, gun, ammo, matches and a few other thigs that can com in handy while out and about.

STLUP.  Never leave home with out it.

Robert & Linda Smith <Lrsmith@cableone.net> wrote:
I have not been asked yet, but when I am asked I will be ready. I have
mailed in my app for a family permit for the wife and I. I just don't
want to be embarrassed if I run into a forest ranger or other officer.
I did have a forest law enforcement officer drive by when I was walking
out from a cache. I suppose he could have asked me for a permit if he
wanted. We do have some sheriff deputies in the forest up here in
Prescott. I think it is better to be safe than sorry.
Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite

EvilFISH wrote:

--0-1846044571-1083204581=:42860

<DIV>You dont' want to be embarrassed?&nbsp; Trust me, that would be the last thing you need to worry about.&nbsp; How about the $500.00 dollar fine that goes along with that?&nbsp; A couple of my Off road friends have had to pay that after they were caught out and about near Tuscan last year.&nbsp;&nbsp; Many places you go might not be on STL but sometimes you have to cross STL to get there.&nbsp; Just get the use permit and save yourselves the head ach later.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>bad thing is that they dont' ahve to post signs but you ARE responsable for knowing where you are.&nbsp; The cops don't have to give you warnings and in some places they wont.&nbsp; they'll just give you a ticket for each person in your group who dosn't have a permit.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've got two STL use permits.&nbsp; one famely and one through a OHV club.&nbsp; I keep them in a pouch with my GPS, Extra batteries, cords, compas, gun, ammo, matches and a few other thigs that can com in handy while out and about.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>STLUP.&nbsp; Never leave home with out it.<BR><BR><B><I>Robert &amp; Linda Smith &lt;Lrsmith@cableone.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">I have not been asked yet, but when I am asked I will be ready. I have <BR>mailed in my app for a family permit for the wife and I. I just don't <BR>want to be embarrassed if I run into a forest ranger or other officer. <BR>I did have a forest law enforcement officer drive by when I was walking <BR>out from a cache. I suppose he could have asked me for a permit if he <BR>wanted. We do have some sheriff deputies in the forest up here in <BR>Prescott. I think it is better to be safe than sorry. <BR>Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite<BR><BR>EvilFISH wrote:<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>
--0-1846044571-1083204581=:42860--