[Az-Geocaching] Find the center

Steven Stringham listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:00:20 -0700 (MST)

When I did orbis - in Tucson, I used Autocad to calculate the center of
that triangle. The radius of the circle is only about 2 miles. And, that
had me off (because I was not taking the curvature of the earth into
account) about 900'. I then recalculated, and was still off, but came up
with another way to figure it out (because of the way the points are layed
out, it allowed me to do some triangulation on it).

Good luck.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=e0d67a76-96ce-4797-a186-0de15bfff37a

http://stringham-family.org/