[Az-Geocaching] Yuban the Can II (Aka Everything that can happen with caching trip.)

Regan Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:48:02 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C424C5.A837C140

Yuban the Can II (Aka Everything that can happen with caching trip.)

=20

I had first wanted to get Yuban the Can II way back when it first was =
placed as when the first Yuban was found RandMan and I parked further =
than we needed, so knowing that you could park pretty much right next to =
this Yuban, I waited. I read the logs about those who hiked up the =
mountain, then I read the hint a good 4X4 will get you close, I have =
been hanging around RTW to much I have even been in the back of his 2X4 =
going places 'it ain't supposed to be'. I really like my Cache-Mobile a =
1983 Toyota Cressida it has taken me about every place that I wanted to =
go, in the grand scheme of things last week I was able to borrow my =
sister's Toyota Camry, a lot newer and Way more nicer, it was in that =
vehicle where I first started the finding of 04/04/04 cache, which leads =
to another issue of pride, it will be discussed shortly. Needless to say =
I have enjoyed the TEF Cache-mobile so it wasn't without hesitation that =
after finding the first part to the nearby cache, that this cache .40 =
miles that a way would be driven in the TEF Cache-Mobile.

=20

The road we were currently on, even though it looked like a tornado blew =
apart a house, as there were fixing everywhere, was not the road to =
Yuban so I did something that I would not recommend doing that being =
driving around through the private neighborhood, but we parked and =
walked far enough to find the correct road that leads to Yuban, so back =
out the way we came back through tornado alley and back onto the road to =
Yuban. Maybe it was the fact that I gave the Cache-mobile its first real =
car wash in over a year, used the engine degreaser and everything on the =
outside, but I was beginning to regret all the dirt roads that we had =
been driving on this day.

=20

As we rounded the left hand turn and drove past the open gate, this is =
where all the thinking that I have been doing as of late ruined me, I =
didn't accelerate as fast as I now know the Cache-Mobile should have =
been, traveling past the rain caused ruts approached to within about .12 =
miles from Yuban, this is a section of road that has the whoop de do's =
so all that non momentum put just enough hesitation in my driving =
decision along with the voiced concern from Alex, the younger member, =
that I stopped. Now I know that most of you reading this would have been =
thinking, just get out and hike. (Yes this is all well and fine but I =
decided that backing down and turning around now before finding the =
cache would be a good idea). Just like Neo in the Matrix, the meet the =
Oracle Scene and the broken vase, what happened next really blew what =
little mind I had left. Just as the rear left wheel dropped into the rut =
I turned the steering wheel combined with gravity assisted momentum both =
rear wheels passed through the rut, again at this point the Cache-Mobile =
was at a crux it tried to warn me, I heard a break squeak but I at that =
moment in time I pressed the accelerator dragging the front wheels into =
the rut, so here no less than .12 miles from Yuban the Can II Team Evil =
Fish, Cache-mobile and all sat stuck facing the Superstition Mountains.
------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C424C5.A837C140

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Yuban the Can II (Aka =
Everything=20
that can happen with caching trip.)</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">&nbsp;<?xml:namespace =
prefix =3D o=20
ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I had first wanted to =
get Yuban=20
the Can II way back when it first was placed as when the first Yuban was =
found=20
RandMan and I parked further than we needed, so knowing that you could =
park=20
pretty much right next to this Yuban, I waited. I read the logs about =
those who=20
hiked up the mountain, then I read the hint a good 4X4 will get you =
close, I=20
have been hanging around RTW to much I have even been in the back of his =
2X4=20
going places =91it ain=92t supposed to be=92. I really like my =
Cache-Mobile a 1983=20
Toyota Cressida it has taken me about every place that I wanted to go, =
in the=20
grand scheme of things last week I was able to borrow my sister=92s =
Toyota Camry,=20
a lot newer and Way more nicer, it was in that vehicle where I first =
started the=20
finding of 04/04/04 cache, which leads to another issue of pride, it =
will be=20
discussed shortly. Needless to say I have enjoyed the TEF Cache-mobile =
so it=20
wasn=92t without hesitation that after finding the first part to the =
nearby cache,=20
that this cache<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>.40 miles =
that a way=20
would be driven in the TEF Cache-Mobile.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The road we were =
currently on,=20
even though it looked like a tornado blew apart a house, as there were =
fixing=20
everywhere, was not the road to Yuban so I did something that I would =
not=20
recommend doing that being driving around through the private =
neighborhood, but=20
we parked and walked far enough to find the correct road that leads to =
Yuban, so=20
back out the way we came back through tornado alley and back onto the =
road to=20
Yuban. Maybe it was the fact that I gave the Cache-mobile its first real =
car=20
wash in over a year, used the engine degreaser and everything on the =
outside,=20
but I was beginning to regret all the dirt roads that we had been =
driving on=20
this day.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in =
0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></P><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; =
mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; =
mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">As=20
we rounded the left hand turn and drove past the open gate, this is =
where all=20
the thinking that I have been doing as of late ruined me, I didn=92t =
accelerate as=20
fast as I now know the Cache-Mobile should have been, traveling past the =
rain=20
caused ruts approached to within about .12 miles from Yuban, this is a =
section=20
of road that has the whoop de do=92s so all that non momentum put just =
enough=20
hesitation in my driving decision along with the voiced concern from =
Alex, the=20
younger member, that I stopped. Now I know that most of you reading this =
would=20
have been thinking, just get out and hike. (Yes this is all well and =
fine but I=20
decided that backing down and turning around now before finding the =
cache would=20
be a good idea). Just like Neo in the Matrix, the meet the Oracle Scene =
and the=20
broken vase, what happened next really blew what little mind I had left. =
Just as=20
the rear left wheel dropped into the rut I turned the steering wheel =
combined=20
with gravity assisted momentum both rear wheels passed through the rut, =
again at=20
this point the Cache-Mobile was at a crux it tried to warn me, I heard a =
break=20
squeak but I at that moment in time I pressed the accelerator dragging =
the front=20
wheels into the rut, so here no less than .12 miles from Yuban the Can =
II Team=20
Evil Fish, Cache-mobile and all sat stuck facing the Superstition=20
Mountains.</SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C424C5.A837C140--