[Az-Geocaching] Is no one caching??

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:53:24 -0700

One of a million ways to ghost the linux way...
To make an image:
load a bootable Linux CD such as Knoppix (www.knoppix.net)
then on a command prompt type:
dd if=/dev/hda |gzip | ssh user@image.machine.com cat >/path/to/image.gz

To put an image into a machine:
load a bootable Linux CD such as Knoppix (www.knoppix.net)
then on a command prompt type
ssh user@image.machine.com cat /path/to/image.gz |dd of=/dev/hda

There, you just saved yourself a boatload of money on buying ghost.

I believe there are graphical tools on the CD as well...

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek

(Sorry, couldn't resist... feeling ornary today)