[Az-Geocaching] New to Geocaching :-)

SquishyGecko listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:39:51 -0700 (PDT)

--0-907186882-1081633191=:62441

Hi all ...

Fairly new to the geocaching hobby, however I've already located four caches and have ordered a few travel bugs of my own to start planting around the greater Phoenix area. :)

The equipment I'm using is a Toshiba laptop with a GPS receiver, a wifi card, and DeLorme Maps.  Maybe someday I'll purchase a handheld GPS receiver and make life a little easier.

I've noticed there are quite a few teams operating, and wonder what the benefit of operating within a team might be.  Are there team-oriented events?

Aside from that, any tips and advice which you might offer would be awesome.

Thanks!

--0-907186882-1081633191=:62441

<DIV>Hi all ... </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Fairly new to the geocaching hobby, however I've already located four caches and have ordered a few travel bugs of my own to start planting around the greater Phoenix area. :)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The equipment I'm using is a Toshiba laptop with a GPS receiver, a wifi card, and DeLorme Maps.&nbsp; Maybe someday I'll purchase a handheld GPS receiver and make life a little easier.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've noticed there are quite a few teams operating, and wonder what the benefit of operating within a team might be.&nbsp; Are there team-oriented events?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Aside from that, any tips and advice which you might offer would be awesome.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks!</DIV>
Yahoo! Tax Center - <a href="http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html">File online by April 15th</a>
--0-907186882-1081633191=:62441--