[Az-Geocaching] Been there done that!

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:54:50 -0800

>From: "Bill" <bill@freeholder.com>
>To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: Re: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Been there done that!
>Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:17:51 -0700
>
>Well, I have a question about this.  Many of the teams that play the game
>have more than one
>member.  Does EVERY member of a team have to be present in order for the
>find to count for the
>team?  I suspect that many teams have gone caching when one or more members
>was unable to be
>there.  Should the finds they logged when a member was not present be
>disallowed?  If every
>member doesn't have to be present, then a five person team that split up
>would not be cheating,
>would they?
>
>Bill in Willcox

My rule is that I MUST be at every cache find and I am the ONLY one on Team
Ropingthewind that can sign the log. Other team members are at some of my
finds, but I am at ALL of them. This I believe should be the #1 rule in
geocaching etiquette and a rule that I believe most all geocaching teams
abide by. There are a few that might bend the rules a bit to break records.
However, they are only cheating themselves.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind