[Az-Geocaching] A rival to Geocaching?

Bob Renner listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 07:29:06 -0800 (PST)

Yes Steve, I'm still around.

You're right about the Degree Confluence Project being
older than geocaching.  I found the DCP before
geocaching got started, and then found out about gps
stash (the predecessor to geocaching) in July 2000.

I thought both of these "sports" would be great
activities for the scout troop I'm associated with.
We were waiting for the weather to cool down before we
finally hid the Table Mesa cache on Oct 8, 2000.  It
was a confluence that had not been officially visited
so we got "two birds with one stone".

By the way Steve.  I was in the neighborhood of your
business and it looked like it was emptied and closed.
   Is it still in operation?

Bob