[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Customer Service

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:02:49 -0700

One of your wishes has come true. Garmin has a unit called iQ3600 that is
both a Palm based PDA and a build in GPS. I have been looking to replace my
Garmin III+. And the 3600 was an option. The problem that I see is that one
fall out on the trail and I would be in trouble. So now I am looking at the
76S. It has some very nice functions and I can still use all of my
MapSource software. I even think that I can use the car power cable that I
got for my III+.

Anyone out there like to add their $.02 about the 76S?

Barry

              Larry H <friared1@yahoo.com>
                                                                To:                                         listserv@azgeocaching.com
              Sent by:                                          cc:
              az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.        Subject:   Re: [Az-Geocaching] Garmin Customer Service
              com

              Monday November 17, 2003 01:54 PM
              Please respond to listserv

--- RopingThe Wind <arizcowboy@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone out there have the new Garmin IQue3600
> GPS/PDA? Curious to here
> some reviews from the geocaching community as I
> would love to upgrade to
> that from my Palm M130!

I use an M130 also, the only problem is holding it AND
the GPS AND digital camera AND cache trinkets. If I
could combine the GPS and PDA, that would be great.

Back to the pricing issue with GPSr's vs FRS radios:
Radio technology has been around for decades. FRS
radios are using old technology, just with new bells
and whistles (and a specific frequency band). GPSr's
use (relatively) new technology compared to radio.

=====
FriarED