[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Customer Service

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:28:01 -0800

I have been using GPS for over 10 years now. I have had a few different
units... 2 Magellans and 2 Garmins. I have always been impressed with my
Garmin units (3+ and Etrex Legend). They acquire sattellites very quickly
and thru harsh usage.. continue to function great. I have only delt with
customer service once (Clark Howard calls this 'customer no service'!), and
this is over 10 years of using Garmin,  and it was a good experience. Garmin
is a major player in GPS and other technical gadgetry in the aviation
industry. They not only make GPS units for outdoors use... they also make
high dollar GPS panel mount units for aviation, as well as transponders,
aicraft radios, panel mount weather/radar, etc. They are highly respected in
the aviation industry. They manufacture complete avionics panels. Pilots
demand top notch equiptment that will not break down on them when they need
it most. I know if I flew fixed wing, I certainly wouldnt want any other
name on my instrument panel but Garmin. With all that experience, then you
know they can make a darn good simple outdoors handheld unit.

There are several manufacturers of GPS's.. Garmin, Magellan, Lowrence, etc
and they all make nice units. It just depends on what use you need it for.
When you are up there at 10,000', you need equiptment that will not fail on
you. The difference can literally be life or death. Garmin is a most
respected name in a very professional industry. Whether I am just out on a
hike/geocaching or flying high... I rely on Garmin.

:)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays!  Snappier product search...
http://shopping.msn.com