[Az-Geocaching] GPS and Radio and Interference

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 18:41:55 -0700 (MST)

Hi Scott,

That is interesting.....if all satellites are being interfered with,
then probably the oscillator in your Motorola is interfering with the
GPS's IF (Intermediate Frequency). The 'IF' is a step down from the
satellite frequency in the gigahertz range to something that is used
internally to eventually have the readout display. (Complicated)

Not the first time a Motorola radio has caused interference to other
RF sensitive devices! *grin*
If that is *Greek* to you......**bigger GRIN**  just feel assured that
you are not alone.....some people have conflicts like this with
certain equipment. Annoying if it happens to you!

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott