[Az-Geocaching] GPS on Commercial Airliner?

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:31:57 -0700 (PDT)

--0-632680813-1054323117=:63509

This is a timely topic for me because I am flying to Connecticut on Saturday, May 31.  I will take my GPS with me and I intend to put it in the bottom of my daypack, which is my carry-on bag.  I don't expect to be using it while flying, so it wouldn't be a problem for me to put it in my checked-in luggage.

I will be flying on Delta Airlines.  I didn't know there have been any problems with GPS on airplanes.  Many of the travel bugs that I track go across North America or to other continents.  I have six travel bugs with me from Arizona caches that I intend to move to caches in Connecticut, New Jersey, or other eastern states, plus a moving cache that I acquired in Canal Park in Tempe that I will relocate to Connecticut.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-632680813-1054323117=:63509

<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>This is a timely topic for me because I am flying to Connecticut on Saturday, May 31.&nbsp; I will take my GPS with me and I intend to put it in the bottom of my daypack, which is my carry-on bag.&nbsp; I don't expect to be using it while flying, so it wouldn't be a problem for me to put it in my checked-in luggage.</P>
<P>I will be flying on Delta Airlines.&nbsp; I didn't know there have been any problems with GPS on airplanes.&nbsp; Many of the travel bugs that I track go across North America or to other continents.&nbsp; I have six travel bugs with me from Arizona caches that I intend to move to caches in Connecticut, New Jersey, or other eastern states, plus a moving cache that I acquired in Canal Park in Tempe that I will relocate to Connecticut.</P>
<P><STRONG>Ken Akerman</STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</P></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
--0-632680813-1054323117=:63509--