[Az-Geocaching] for the stat worry people

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 13:41:15 -0700

My simple rule is the same as the geocaching.com rules...

sign the logbook. No log, no find. If I find a log on the cache page but not
the actual logbook, I will delete the log. The log in the book is the only
proof that someone visited my cache. If there is a snake laying on a rock
next to the cache.. move it or wait for it to move! I have seen logs on the
internet site that say that "I saw the cache but could not retrieve it" or
something to that extent, but they consider it a find. That does not hold
with me. Part of the challenge is getting to the cache and signing the
logbook. Particularly so with some urban caches. There are many urban caches
that are easily seen by the trained geocacher eye from several feet away,
but not to the public. The tough part about a cache like this is physically
retreiving the cache and signing the logbook. In this situation, anyone
could say they saw it.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind