[Az-Geocaching] Interesting item on eBay web site item#2323300725: INFAMOUS BOB CRANE CONDO SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA

gale and mike listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 24 May 2003 22:17:24 +0000

<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<P>Old news. I heard about it 1-2 weeks ago. It would be great to co-own it especially on Halloween or the anniversary of his death to see if it is haunted, but I don't have $1-2000 handy to toss at this. Besides CC&amp;R's (gotta love those HOA's) say no commercial enterprises. The HOA lawyers would probably make a case that geocaching is commmercial.</P>
<P>But then again. Maybe we could take up a collection from national geocachers of $1-10 each and buy it that way. My brother is a lawyer and does real estate on the side. He could draw up the paperwork granting ownership to an association of Arizona geocachers. Perhaps find a way to minimize property taxes...</P>
<P>Sorry. Pain meds are making me a little punchy. : ) LOL<BR><BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: ken@highpointer.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Interesting item on eBay web site item#2323300725: INFAMOUS BOB CRANE CONDO SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 14:36:39 PDT
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I heard on KTAR radio today that HOGANS HOTEL is for sale. Arizona geocachers have a great opportunity to own this virtual geocache. Perhaps some of us should get together to buy this condo, and turn it into a meeting location for event geocaches.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Title of item: INFAMOUS BOB CRANE CONDO SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Seller: shawnabwana
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Starts: May-14-03 21:49:20 PDT
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Ends: Jun-13-03 21:49:20 PDT
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Price: Currently $180,000.00
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To bid on the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2323300725
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Item Description:
<DIV></DIV>&gt; <EBAYATTRIBUTES></EBAYATTRIBUTES>
<P>Scottsdale and Crane have long been linked in the public mind. You have seen the front door of this condominium on numerous unsolved crime specials. This condo has been owned by the sellers for the past 17 years. The property is located in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona, and for sale to the highest bidder.
<P>This 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condominium was the residence of Bob Crane for the month of June, 1978 before his untimely demise by an unknown assailant while asleep in the bedroom. The activities that took place here have been documented numerous times, most recently in the Arizona Republic, New York Times, 20/20 and Inside Edition as well as others. Release of the film Auto Focus, in November 2002, brought renewed interest in Crane who became famous in the 1960s with the starring role of Colonel Hogan in the sit com Hogans Heroes.
<P>This condominium, currently being auctioned for sale, is the place Crane and his friend, John Carpe!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;nter, experimented with the “new technology” of video tape. Stories and reports show that Crane found a bevy of willing partners in his sex adventures while living at Winfield Place and working at a local Scottsdale dinner theatre.
<P>Why is there still interest in the life of Bob Crane? “Sex sells” Here we have celebrity, sex and tragedy. You are bidding on the actual site where it happened; the sex, the videos, the tragic end.
<P>Located adjacent to Chaparral Suites Resort and ½ block from The Sunburst Resort, Winfield Place is a quiet resort condominium complex of 248 total units located in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona approximately a mile north of the city center. Originally constructed in 1975 as luxury apartments, the units were converted to condominiums in 1979. There are 2 heated swim pools, spa, 2 saunas and clubhouse. The grounds are lush and spacious with fountains and a stream meandering through. The “Bob Crane” condo is located poolside and just steps !
<DIV></DIV>&gt;away from the clubhouse with a kitchen window view of Camelback Mountain. This condo is in very good condition. Furniture is not included in this sale.
<P>Purchase of this property will require all cash. The Association CC&amp;Rs do not allow commercial enterprise or business use of the property, however they do allow residential leases of not less than 1 month per period. Agent represents owner. Equal opportunity for all protected classes. Offered by West USA Realty. Serious inquiries will be answered. All appointments to view property will be handled through email at
<H3>ardyhaines@qwest.net</H3>Showings by appointment only on weekends. Purchaser must provide ID and verification of ability to purchase upon making appointment for viewing.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit: