[Az-Geocaching] Abandoned cache?

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 15:26:53 -0700

At 03:10 PM 5/22/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>I feel there are too many good caches archived when an adoption or simply
>replacing a stolen or replenishing a plundered cache would keep the cache
>active.  If every effort is made to contact the cache owner and there is
>no response, I see no problem adopting the cache if the admin allows it.

Actually, I think we agree completely on this one.  I think that every
possible effort should be made to contact the owner, but if that fails,
then go ahead and adopt the cache.  My point about replacing it and
creating a new cache description was just as a shortcut.

At this point, you could just as easily take the new cache out and replace
it without taking over ownership of it at this point.  I think all of us
have done cache maintenance for other peoples caches when needed.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com