[Az-Geocaching] Special equiptment (5 rating?)

Team Evil Fish listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 04:21:11 -0700

I would just be stuck there with my GPS and my sense of adventure with no
way to physically prove I
was there...

read this post that Team Evil Fish made after finding a cache with only our
GPS

We were the people before....

The idea for today was for this to be the fourth cache of the trip but I
erased the final coordinates for LoHi and well we walked the whole thing
again we did this one in between the Low and High, to complicate matters
further when we arrived at this cache back on our way to the High part,
discoverd we had NO writting impliments, there was a debate, as no sign no
find, then another on who would leave the blood, Rock Paper Scissors. I used
a handy cactus needle to spell the T, my finger tip for the E and well was
loosing consciousness from lack of blood so couldn't finish the F but you
could say it looks like a picture of a fish...

Left a Moola Money Lottery ticket took nothing
and if you still doubt that Team Evil Fish was there TEST the DNA :) O- CMV
++

 March 28 by Team Aspen
Neat cache! Took Russian like coin with a five on it. Left ten cent
Malaysain coin. Looks like the people before us left blood on the log.

>The specific requirements should be written in
> the cache description, not in the stars. If you do not have what is
> needed move on to the next cache

"Special equipment" can
> be interpreted in many ways. If we considered every interpretation of
> terrain and difficulty then almost every cache would be a 5 in terrain
> and a 5 in difficulty. The specific requirements should be written in
> the cache description, not in the stars.

that is the problem INTERPRETATION that is why some PUZZLE caches involving
say a MOVIE or statue. The owner will "see" one thing while another will
"see" another, then when the owner asks a question on their "view" what is
the correct answer? if there is any room for a possibility of a different
answer it shouldn't be included... but then again some people "try" to be
(insert word) and use it as a trick of somesorts, which in the end IMHO
degrades the cache experience...

then again ESP would be special equipment wouldn't it?

Specialized equipment includes: Boats, 4WD vehicles, rock climbing gear,
SCUBA, etc.

I like this question from the rate your cache page
http://www.clayjar.com/gcrs/

Finding this cache requires very specialized knowledge, skills, or
equipment. This is a serious mental or physical challenge

oh well time to get my hiking shoes on and find more caches with my GPS and
sense of Humor...