[Az-Geocaching] uploading images

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 14:14:49 -0700

I would suggest grabbing the gimp
to install it, download all 3 of the following files and install them in
this order
ftp://ftp.arnes.si/software/gimp-win/gtk+-1.3.0-20030216-setup.zip
ftp://ftp.arnes.si/software/gimp-win/gimp-1.2.4-20030213-setup.zip
ftp://ftp.arnes.si/software/gimp-win/gimp-1.2.4-20020907-lzw-setup.zip

This will give you a prgram with nearly the same power as photoshop,
without the $600+ price tag or the guilt of pirating it.

anyway... you can load your picture into the gimp, and then resave it as
a jpeg, and the saver of the gimp will allow you to tweek all sorts of
settings for the image and show you exactly what it's going to look like
in real time.

Give it a try... and for everyone else that I have suggested downloading
this in the past... I appologize, I just looked at the home page for the
software and it's extremely confusing as to what you need to grab...
thats why I included the links in this message.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek