[Az-Geocaching] Special equipment

Bill Tomlinson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 13:09:07 -0700

So, conversely, the lower the difficulty and terrain, the less necessary it
becomes to read the description?  That doesn't hold because under that
system, the cache would be marked easy and hence, I wouldn't know a bicycle
was required.

I don't want to speak for others, but I think the point being made by those
that follow the existing system is that the higher rating does cause one to
read the description more carefully.  Perhaps it really is a 5 or maybe it
needs some special equipment.  The 5 rating signals the need for further
investigation.  A lower rating would put us out in the field before we
discovered the need.  Just my thoughts.

CacheLess

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of Terry
Hernlund

Moot anyway.  I think you misunderstand me.  I'm not knocking the rating
system, I'm simply saying that as difficulty AND terrain rating rise, you
really ought to be reading the description.  If you don't read the
description on a 5-rated cache, you'll likely get as much enjoymentout of it
as research you put in.  None.

-T.
[General Bracket]