[Az-Geocaching] Special equipment

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 09 May 2003 11:51:04 -0700

>From: "Terry Hernlund" <thernlund@hotmail.com>
>To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Special equipment
>Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:26:50 -0700
>
>Maybe everyone ought to read the description and not take the rating for
>static.
>

>-T.
>[General Bracket]

I agree. I dont EVER look at the ratings on a cache. I take them with a
grain of salt and nothing more. I do my own homework as to how hard or easy
a cache is to get to. All you have to do is open up any mapping/topo
software and as soon as you see the location, you can pretty much get a good
idea of how easy or hard it will be to get to that cache. In my opinion, it
is nearly impossible to fairly rate a cache since there are some cachers who
find even a small hill to be a strenuous workout, while other's find that
same hill to be a walk in the park. Everyone should to do their own homework
to determine the rating of a cache and whether or not they will be able to
do a cache before seeking a cache out.

Scott
Team RTW