[Az-Geocaching] Mountain biking cache may rate harder, but not because special equipment is needed

xWaterLilyx listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 00:13:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- gale and mike <sonoralovesmommy@hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Some caches may be in remote lands and you need a 4WD
to drive to it, (hiking is possible, but the hike may
be long), but most of us do not consider a 4WD vehicle
to be special equipment, either.

I don't believe that a bicycle is special equipment.
Bicycles are pretty common and most people know how to
ride them. It's not like scuba diving equipment or
rock climbing equipment, which require training and
knowledge to use.   If you don't consider a 4WD or
mountain bike as special equipment, then please note
the need to use it on the cache page. Those of us who
don't have either of those, like us, would appreciate
knowing this in advance. Some of you already do note
this, and we appreciate it very much.

---------------------------------

I agree with this one, I DO consider a 4WD special
equipment because I don't have one and not everybody
does.  I almost said something in one of my earlier
posts when I was talking about bicycles too.
Assumptions aren't the best way to rate a cache.

=====
xWaterLilyx & RTF
Team H20
Phoenix, AZ (Ahwatukee)