[Az-Geocaching] And Now for Something Completely Different...

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 21:58:47 -0700 (PDT)

--0-206824624-1052197127=:33240

I know most of my environmentalist friends will criticize me severly for expressing this view, but I firmly believe that we no more designated wilderness areas in the USA.  One of things I hate about designated wilderness areas is that it prohibits so many activities that I enjoy doing - not only geocaching but also mountain biking and driving my 4WD SUV. The recent removal of many geocaches in the Superstition Wilderness Area has solidified my opposition to the designation of more wilderness areas.  I hope that other geocachers agree, because more wilderness areas mean fewer lands available for geocaching. Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

Team Tierra Buena <teamtierrabuena@earthlink.net> wrote:The New York Times
May 4, 2003
Bah, Wilderness! Reopening a Frontier to Development
By TIMOTHY EGAN

--0-206824624-1052197127=:33240

<DIV>I know most of my environmentalist friends will criticize me severly for expressing this view, but I firmly believe that we no more designated wilderness areas in the USA.&nbsp; One of things I hate about designated wilderness areas is that it prohibits so many activities that I enjoy doing - not only geocaching but also mountain biking and driving my 4WD SUV. The recent removal of many geocaches in the Superstition Wilderness Area has solidified my opposition to the designation of more wilderness areas.&nbsp; I hope that other geocachers agree, because more wilderness areas mean fewer lands available for geocaching.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)<BR><BR><B><I>Team Tierra Buena &lt;teamtierrabuena@earthlink.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">The New York Times<BR>May 4, 2003<BR>Bah, Wilderness! Reopening a Frontier to Development<BR>By TIMOTHY EGAN<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>
--0-206824624-1052197127=:33240--