[Az-Geocaching] Ramblin' RTW

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 05 May 2003 09:42:48 -0700

>Since I know that you would actually not do this, as you mention later in
>your message, that would be one of the surest ways to make sure that I
>never find another cache.  I have had a find log deleted, and it really
>upset me.  I have even had a no find log deleted that upset me even worse.
>I am of the opinion that cache logs should not be allowed to be deleted by
>anyone other than the person who made the log, or the admins at
>geocaching.com.  As I said, I had my log deleted from one of the downtwon
>urban Phoenix caches and the only reason I could ever get from the cache
>owner what they apparently didn't like me.

NO. Of course I would not do that. That would be an incredibly rude thing to
do and would alienate all the charter members out there. I am not one to do
that. Just making a point. I have had a log deleted before too and I wasnt
very happy about it. I finally got it back. But, imagine finding a cache and
then having that cache experience more or less taken away from you because
that cache became a members only cache half way thru it's life (and you
werent a charter member)... it is the same thing. I can no longer view my
logs on all those caches that have lately turned members only. Those caches
have been basically erased from my stats and I cannot view them anymore
either.

Changing a cache midway thru it's life to a MO cache is the same thing that
I speak of above (the non members only cache idea). It alienates all the non
members out there and that IS elitist.

Scott
Team RTW