[Az-Geocaching] Ramblin' RTW

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 04 May 2003 23:00:47 -0700

At 09:25 PM 5/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>FREE to play this game) should not be able to find their members only
>caches. SO... I propose making my next cache available only to those who
>DONT have a charter membership. In other words, if you log a find on this
>cache and you are a charter member, your log will be deleted. This will be
>cleary stated in the cache description.....

Since I know that you would actually not do this, as you mention later in
your message, that would be one of the surest ways to make sure that I
never find another cache.  I have had a find log deleted, and it really
upset me.  I have even had a no find log deleted that upset me even
worse.  I am of the opinion that cache logs should not be allowed to be
deleted by anyone other than the person who made the log, or the admins at
geocaching.com.  As I said, I had my log deleted from one of the downtwon
urban Phoenix caches and the only reason I could ever get from the cache
owner what they apparently didn't like me.

>takes these days to keep your caches safe. And no, you dont need to do no
>freakin' puzzle crap to keep it safe, just be creative in how you design
>and hide the container.

Thank you.  Puzzle caches have become all the rage down here in the Tucson
area, and while there have been a few of them that I have enjoyed, I have
really lost interest in them.  I might go back to finding them again, but
probably not for the for seeable future.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com