[Az-Geocaching] Re: Cache Pirates

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 04 May 2003 20:04:49 -0700

--------------030307010309080009000504

>Do I think
>we should just ignore this,

Personally, I think this is exactly what we should do.  Ignore the punk.
 He'll get bored and tire of stealing hot wheels, used golf balls and
keychains.  As long as people keep making a big deal about it, and
giving him the attention he craves, he will continue his stupidity.
 Let's face it folks, we're not talking about a serial rapist here; it's
just a punk looking for attention.  If you ignore him, he'll move on to
some other juvenile prank.

Brian (Team A.I.),
 I understand your intentions but,  I think you're giving him just what
he wants.  I suggest you delete your (mildly) threatening note on the
Pushing Tin cache page.  Idiots like this feed on this kind of
attention; it only spurs them on.

Ken (Highpointer),
 my wife and I have been out of work for over a year, downsized from
jobs we both held for over 20 years each.  We can't afford a Premium
Membership, what with us having to feed our kids and stuff. Will you pay
for it?     It's _only_ $30.

>Ken Akerman wrote:
>
>"It only costs $30 per year."

While you're at it, will you pay for my son's College tuition? It's only
about $5200 a term.  Then we can talk about my mortgage....

$30, to some, may not seem like much, but to others it is a lot of money
to throw around for a "hobby" that's supposed to be free.

"The traditional Geocaching game will always be free."
   --- quoted  from http://www.geocaching.com/subscribe/

>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Cache Pirate on the loose:  Here is how I will protect my caches
>
>To Arizona Geocachers,
>
>... In order to protect my traditional caches, I have made them all Members Only. This is to protect my own caches from plundering, as it appears the Cache Pirate is not a Geocaching.com Pre!
>mium Member.

I have the coordinates to all your Members Only caches.  I have been
downloading  the complete list of AZ Caches at least every week since I
started in this hobby.  I don't just throw them away.  Do you think I'm
the only one who has a list of caches that were formerly open to all?
 Sure, I'm unable to log them now, so they're of little interest to me.
But if I were into plundering, nothing would stop me.

-- Sprocket

--------------030307010309080009000504

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
  <pre wrap="">Do I think
we should just ignore this,</pre>
Personally, I think this is exactly what we should do. &nbsp;Ignore the punk.
&nbsp;He'll get bored and tire of stealing hot wheels, used golf balls and keychains.
&nbsp;As long as people keep making a big deal about it, and giving him the attention
he craves, he will continue his stupidity. &nbsp;Let's face it folks, we're not
talking about a serial rapist here; it's just a punk looking for attention.
&nbsp;If you ignore him, he'll move on to some other juvenile prank. <br>
Brian (Team A.I.),<br>
&nbsp;I understand your intentions but, &nbsp;I think you're giving him just what he
wants. &nbsp;I suggest you delete your (mildly) threatening note on the Pushing
Tin cache page. &nbsp;Idiots like this feed on this kind of attention; it only
spurs them on.<br>
Ken (Highpointer),<br>
&nbsp;my wife and I have been out of work for over a year, downsized from jobs
we both held for over 20 years each. &nbsp;We can't afford a Premium Membership,
what with us having to feed our kids and stuff. Will you pay for it? &nbsp; &nbsp;
It's _only_ $30. &nbsp;
<pre wrap=""></pre>
  <pre wrap="">Ken Akerman wrote:

"It only costs $30 per year."</pre>
While you're at it, will you pay for my son's College tuition? It's only
about $5200 a term. &nbsp;Then we can talk about my mortgage....<br>
$30, to some, may not seem like much, but to others it is a lot of money
to throw around for a "hobby" that's supposed to be free.<br>
be free.</font>"<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp;--- quoted&nbsp; from <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.geocaching.com/subscribe/">http://www.geocaching.com/subscribe/</a><br>
  <pre wrap="">Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Cache Pirate on the loose:  Here is how I will protect my caches

To Arizona Geocachers,
...</pre>
  <pre wrap="">... In order to protect my traditional caches, I have made them all Members Only. This is to protect my own caches from plundering, as it appears the Cache Pirate is not a Geocaching.com Pre!
mium Member.</pre>
I have the coordinates to all your Members Only caches. &nbsp;I have been downloading
&nbsp;the complete list of AZ Caches at least every week since I started in this
hobby. &nbsp;I don't just throw them away. &nbsp;Do you think I'm the only one who
has a list of caches that were formerly open to all? &nbsp;Sure, I'm unable to
log them now, so they're of little interest to me. But if I were into plundering,
nothing would stop me.<br>
-- Sprocket<br>

--------------030307010309080009000504--