[Az-Geocaching] Re: Cache Pirates

gale and mike listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 05 May 2003 00:32:38 +0000

<P>"You raise an interesting point. Exactly what crime has been committed here? It would be really hard to call this theft when it comes right down to it. None of the items are of any real value, and they are things that people have intentionally left out for other people to take. "<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR><FONT color=#660033>No he is not commiting a crime, which is why I did not suggest charging him with crimes. However he does seem to be abusing the privileges of the website and he upset at least one new Arizona cacher who wrote on the forums last night that their family loves this sport and now some creep has to spoil it. They seemed&nbsp; quite upset. All I did was ask TPTB to check him out. I seem to recall hearing that they've limited someone's access to the website for doing this before. Since there is no crime, and you don't care about the McToys, would you prefer all geocachers ignore what he is doing? And since when does something have to be a crime before it is considered unacceptable behavior? What ever happened to good manners? What's the difference between plundering a cache and stealing the ammo can,&nbsp; leaving the only the logbook behind? Some of you are upset when that happens, yet they can be replaced for only a few dollars.</FONT></P>