[Az-Geocaching] Re: Cache Pirates

gale and mike listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 04 May 2003 23:24:49 +0000

<P><BR>I reported him to TPTB last night. Your idea about us restocking is fine, unless that vermin decides its fun to keep plundering the same caches over and over again. Or he decides to "graduate" to stealing the entire cache outright. It's going to be a question of who gives up first: him or us. I wonder if he knows that several cachers are in law enforcement? That may scare him off. <BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp; 1898</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "RAND HARDIN" <RHRDN8@MSN.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "AZ-Geocaching" <LISTSERV@AZGEOCACHING.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Cache Pirates
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 14:42:19 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I agree with Joe. In a way, these caches belong to all of us. We are a community and we should take care of each other. Thanks Joe for reminding us.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Rand (RandMan)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;. . . . I did have one thought, however. Instead of the usual bickering exhibited on this list serve, perhaps we as a community could band together to right this wrong. I know that I was looking forward to visiting the Pushing Tin cache as I am familiar with the movie that was referenced and would love to watch them coming in like that.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;In all of the cases, I believe the cache container and log book are still in place. Now would it be possible for the memebers of this list serv, in the next couple of weeks, to visit these caches and restock them...whether we have been to the caches before or not...if you've been there post a note, if not, log the cache.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Leave an item or two, and not the usual divoted golf ball, or chewed on Mc'D's toy, but something fairly decent, like a still in box Hot Wheels car, neat key ring, etc...you know, dollar store items.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If the 25% of this list serv who are regular cachers would do this that would be about 40 - 45 cachers, I think. Even if each one only visits 1 cache and leaves an item, each cache would have 5 items in them.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Would this be a good idea? Is it possible for us to band together as a community to help out some neat caches, and people, rather than continue our usual bickering?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I hope so. And I plan to visit these cache in the next 2 weeks to do exacly as I have said here. I invite you all to do the same.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Thanks,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Joe