[Az-Geocaching] Cache Pirate on the loose: Here is how I will protect my caches

Bill Tomlinson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 4 May 2003 12:13:27 -0700

I don't think the issue of members only caches has been so much a
controversy as a sales pitch.  It's sad that I cringed when I saw one of my
caches had been hit by the pirate.  I wasn't as frustrated about being
plundered as I was in knowing I would have to sit through yet another sales
pitch for members only.

Ken, you've made your point.  Please let it go.

CacheLess

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of Marc
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 11:57 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Cache Pirate on the loose: Here is how I will
protect my caches

Sounds like a good idea on the surface, but the reality is "who is the
pirate?" Are they worth going after? I think we are all smart enough to
"trap" them if this would be the case. Are they even worth going after?
There has been much controversy over members only and don't think this
should be the driving force to put all of them in there. If the pirate
wants to continue to do this, I'm sure spending the $30.00 would not be
an issue for them. Anyone who would want to do something like this would
not stop for a mere $30.00.

These are just my thoughts. They do not reflect the thoughts of anyone else.

Tamo -