[Az-Geocaching] Arizona Geocachers' Shame

Bill Tomlinson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 12:30:39 -0700

Steven,

Thanks for noticing.  Yes, I'm obsessed.  If life weren't so full, I'd have
a lot more.  Geocaching also helps keep me in shape for backpacking.

I have to agree with you.  I've also noticed the run azsaluki has been
making.  I'm always impressed when a team with so many finds can continue to
find at such a fast pace.  And whether or not anyone is into the into the
competitive aspect of the numbers, they are a quick way to track the
adventures of many teams.

And, of course, congratulations on your 100th find.

Bill Tomlinson
CacheLess

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of Steven
Stringham
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 8:35 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Arizona Geocachers' Shame

In an effort to congratulate myself, and to somehow get on the first 25
page, I have now completed my first 100 caches (in four months). That means,
that if you select the top cachers since 1/1/03 to present, I am number 24.
That is right in from of Wyle E, somehow (both at 100). How, I don't know.
There has to be a software design flaw somewhere. I have no idea how you all
devote the time to getting those huge numbers, though! But, it has been a
blast for me to get this far.

But, what I did find interesting is the following statistics:

Cacheless has 269 in that time frame, with a total of 302, and that since
the beginning of December 2002. What a workout!

But, even more amazing to me (with all the hew and cries of "nothing left
close", azsaluki has 232 in that same amount of time. With a grant total of
675. Now mind you, they have been at it since mid 2001. But, the effort
involved to get those kind of numbers is quite enormous!

Steven Stringham
StringCachers