[Az-Geocaching] Lost Ark cache reported missing

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:36:46 -0800

Lost Ark was one of my favorite caches. I teamed up with Frobro D-Dubs and
Frobro Goose for that one. We did it in July and it was rather hot out! :)
We left at sunrise and returned to the trucks at like 11:00am or sometime
around then. A long morning. But, the hike, the cache and the views made it
very worthwhile. Sorry to see that one has gone missing. I would find it
hard to beleive someone took it. I cant imagine anyone going up there! (but
a few insane, hardcore geocachers!). I agree with Jerry that perhaps the
investigation from the plane wreck might have taken it. They scour the
wreckage areas and dont miss a thing. If I recall someone saying, that wreck
was rather close to were the cache was.

I do want to thank Indiana Jeff for placing that cache! That was a HUGE ammo
box! I carried a small ammo box up to my cache.. RTW-1 and know what that
was like! I cant imagine carrying an ammmo box that big up there! You need
both hands on that climb!!!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind