[Az-Geocaching] GPS Clinic

HighwayHavoc listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:35:05 -0800 (PST)

Actually, there were quite a few folks at the lecture
who appeared to be retired and are traveling across
the country in their RV's. Then there were the usual
mountaineering/hiking sort. Before I bought mine, I
was involved with a group that used GPS for
placement/recovery of transponders in the ocean, and
for security of the zones the transponders were in.

As far as my kids are concerned, the most useful
feature of the GPS (besides finding caches) is the
speedometer. They love to take the device and run
around, trying to see who is the fastest.

Mark A. Pedersen