[Az-Geocaching] Fw: Gas prices - A Simple Request

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:12:25 -0700

At 12:34 PM 3/18/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>consumption? No wonder Europe in general thinks America in general is
>spoiled...we are. They have been paying $4-$5 PER GALLON for years.

Not all of that is based on our personal habits.  Many Europeans have been
paying $4-$5 a gallon for a long time because they have been overtaxed for
longer that we have been a country.  They have socialized everything and
the people there know no other way of life.

Do I consider myself spoiled?  No.  I have been to all of those parts of
the world and I am not spoiled, I am LUCKY to have been born in the
greatest country in the world with the greatest level of living standard in
the world.  Spoiled denotes some sort of notion that we have something that
we don't deserve, and that simply isn't true.

Here I am, back in the middle again. :-)

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com