[Az-Geocaching] following the rules............... of this ga me of life..

Koch, Dan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:29:47 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2ED73.F928FC70

Speaking of following the rules, can anyone tell me the name of the person
to contact at the Mesa (or possibly Globe) Ranger District of the Tonto?
When I called yesterday to talk to someone about placing a geocache, the
person answering the phone didn't seem to know what I was talking about and
couldn't tell me who I should talk to.

LazyK - Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Regan Smith [mailto:buggers@mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 7:20 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] following the rules............... of this game of
life..

I went down to the Mesa Ranger District today to get a permit for Bull Dog
Canyon, and to ask about the wilderness area caches. I met with and I forget
his name but he is the guy incharge of the Superstition Wilderness Area and
during our conversation which was very positive he mentioned a simple rule
that I doubt any of us have followed... How many of us as geocachers
contacted the Land management agency responsible for the area where  the
cache is to be placed?
 <http://www.geocaching.com/articles/making.asp>
http://www.geocaching.com/articles/making.asp

Will it be on private or public land? - If you place it on private land,
please ask permission before putting it there! If you place the cache on
public lands you need to contact the managing agency to find out about their
rules.

The Rangers would like to know where the caches are being placed, and I
after mentioning I would like to place a cache in the Bull dog area was
given the email address to the Ranger in charge of that area, and it was
suggested that he might have some ideas for other  areas a cache might be
placed....

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2ED73.F928FC70

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=362012717-18032003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Speaking of following the rules, can anyone tell me the name of the
person to contact at the Mesa (or possibly Globe) Ranger District of the
Tonto?&nbsp; When I called yesterday to talk to someone about placing a
geocache, the person answering the phone didn't seem to know what I was talking
about and couldn't tell me who I should talk to.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=362012717-18032003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=362012717-18032003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>LazyK
- Dan</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=362012717-18032003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Regan Smith
  [mailto:buggers@mindspring.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, March 14, 2003 7:20
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching]
  following the rules............... of this game of life..<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I went down to the Mesa Ranger District today to
  get a permit for Bull Dog Canyon, and to ask about the wilderness area caches.
  I met with and I forget his name but he is the guy incharge of the
  Superstition Wilderness Area and during our conversation which was very
  positive he mentioned a simple rule that I doubt any of us have followed...
  <STRONG>How many of us as geocachers contacted the Land management agency
  responsible for the area where&nbsp; the cache is to be placed?</STRONG>
  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><A
  href="http://www.geocaching.com/articles/making.asp"><FONT
  face="Times New Roman"
  size=3>http://www.geocaching.com/articles/making.asp</FONT></A><FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=3> <BR><BR>Will it be on private or public land? -
  If you place it on private land, please ask permission before putting it
  there! If you place the cache on public lands you need to contact the managing
  agency to find out about their rules. </FONT><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The Rangers would like to know where the caches
  are being placed, and I after mentioning I would like to place a cache in the
  Bull dog area was given the email address to the Ranger in charge of that
  area, and it was suggested that he might have some ideas for other&nbsp; areas
  a cache might be placed....</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2ED73.F928FC70--