[Az-Geocaching] Problems with location based identifier

Webb Pickersgill listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:57:12 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C2EC8D.1CC98D30

Yup, I agree.  (Believe it or not, by contradicting my own thoughts)  I
guess my point was that I believe that perhaps one character of the new code
could be reserved for SOME type of identifier to help you quickly learn
something about it.  The state/country example was weak, I just wanted to
get everyone thinking along these lines to see if anything else came to
mind.

To help understand my thought, consider this:  I don't know how many times I
was driving, saw a waypoint pop up on my screen,  stopped for fun to see
what it was... After searching around for a bit I got disappointed, then
returned to the Internet only to find out that it was a locationless or
"puzzle" based cache that did not exist there.  A simple character in the
wapyoint number would have alerted me to this before I considered stopping.
Just a thought.

TheWebbman
Webb Pickersgill