[Az-Geocaching] A new (AZ)geocache record???

Bill Tomlinson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:38:44 -0700

That's incredible, Scott!  Talk about a marathon.  My longest streaks are
one each at 4 days, 5 days, and 6 days.

CacheLess,
Bill Tomlinson

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of Scott
Nicol
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 11:36 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] A new (AZ)geocache record???

March 16, 2003
--------------

Well, not sure if this is any kind of Arizona (or even national) record or
anything, but it is a personal (team) record! Team Ropingthewind broke our
record for most consecutive days with caches found. The prior record was 8
days straight. Well, today I gave in and ended the current team record of 41

consecutive days with caches found!!!

The streak started on February 3rd and after the 9th day, I was quite happy
to have beaten the previous record. 9 days doesnt seem like a lot... but
look at your cache list and see how many days straight you have gone with a
cache FOUND (It would be interesting to hear of others totals on this
unofficial stat). You will likely see some small streaks of several days,
but there are always days here and there you dont go caching. I have been
caching since early January 2002 and after a year and 3 months of caching, I

cant find very many streaks of any more than 3 or 4 or 5 days straight
within my team specific stats. There is always a day or two here and there
where I didnt go caching (or didnt find a cache). Well, the record continued

and, well... it was hard to want to stop! I always made sure I got a cache
find each day! Some days I got 8 or 9 caches on bigger caching days and some

days I just squeeked in one. A few days ago... I almost didnt get any and
then around 10 or 11pm, a new cache popped up and I ran out to find it and
found it! :) The streak continued!

However, today it just was not convenient.

Today March 16th... it was raining all day and our planned caching trip to
Four Peaks and surrounding area was not to be (I stayed home and enjoyed the

NASCAR race, so all was not lost.. what a finish!!!!!!). I dont really have
but a few caches left in the valley to get and they are pretty much on the
NW or North side of town. I didnt really want to drive all the way up to the

other side of town for 1 cache, especially considering gas is around $2.00 a

gallon now! I enjoy caching, but gas prices are getting way too high these
days and I have been consolidating my caching trips with jobs/business trips

and errands and such. I will only drive a greater distance if I can get a
good number of caches (10 or more or so). Anyways, with that.. I end our
team record of most consecutive days with caches FOUND at 41 days!!! During
these 41 days, I found 111 caches. Within this record streak, we also broke
another team record of most caches found in a month! Our previous personal
team record was 69 caches. In February, we found 80 caches.

This record would have ended next weekend anyways as I will be in
Albuquerque, NM for a competition and will not get any caches that Saturday
(although we will likely get a couple caches on the way home as we drive
thru the Show Low/Pinetop area). All in all, I am kinda glad to stop the
streak. I have been planning on slowing down from caching until gas prices
drop and only driving when I need to (I am a businessman (!) and I tend to
watch where every dollar goes!). Although, I will still keep caching! (hey,
it is a way of life! I am not addicted though!). :) :) :)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Team RTW's official web page http://www.safwp.bravepages.com/geocaching.html