[Az-Geocaching] How are AZ caches determined?

Tim Giron listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:05:28 -0700

--============_-1164327761==_ma============

>I found an out situation that appears to be an azgeocaching bug.  Am
>I missing something?  TheWebbman and I did a Tucson run yesterday.
>We hit 44 caches in total, including a couple along the interstate
>between Phoenix and Tucson as well as a few in the West valley.
>Here are the two oddities I noted.  First, all of the caches are in
>Arizona.  Most are traditional with a few being virtual, but all
>have physical coordinates well within AZ.  Even so, some were marked
>as out of state on azgeocaching.  Odder still, even though we hit
>all of the same caches, four of mine were tagged as out of state,
>while five were so marked for TheWebbman.  Doesn't makes sense.  I
>haven't yet compared the lists to see which caches didn't make the
>AZ site.
>
>Does anyone have any thoughts?

If memory serves, "members only" caches are considered "out of state"
by the azgeocaching site and I know there are a few of those down in
Tucson.  As far as the discrepancy between you and The Webbman, it
looks like that is actually due to the timing of your log entries.
Were you perhaps entering them very late on Friday night and got into
the cutoff time when the azgeocaching data pull run started?  If that
is the case, your numbers should square up to each other after
tonight's run.

BTW, congrats to both of you on your 2 marathon runs in the last
couple of weeks.  I understand from talking to The Webbman at the
breakfast event that you are using some cool tech to optimize your
routes between caches.

Tim
Team AZFastFeet
--============_-1164327761==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: [Az-Geocaching] How are AZ caches
color="#0000FF">I found an out situation that appears to be an
azgeocaching bug.&nbsp;&nbsp;Am I missing&nbsp;something?&nbsp;
TheWebbman and I did a Tucson run yesterday.&nbsp; We hit 44 caches in
total, including a couple along the interstate between Phoenix and
Tucson as well as a few in the West valley.&nbsp; Here are the two
oddities I noted.&nbsp; First, all of the caches are in Arizona.&nbsp;
Most are traditional with a few being virtual, but all have physical
coordinates well within AZ.&nbsp; Even so, some were marked as out of
state on azgeocaching.&nbsp; Odder still, even though we hit all of
the same caches, four of mine were tagged as out of state, while five
were so marked for TheWebbman.&nbsp; Doesn't makes sense.&nbsp; I
haven't yet compared the lists to see which caches didn't make the AZ
site.</font></blockquote>
color="#0000FF">Does anyone have any thoughts?</font></blockquote>
&quot;out of state&quot; by the azgeocaching site and I know there are
a few of those down in Tucson.&nbsp; As far as the discrepancy between
you and The Webbman, it looks like that is actually due to the timing
of your log entries.&nbsp; Were you perhaps entering them very late on
Friday night and got into the cutoff time when the azgeocaching data
pull run started?&nbsp; If that is the case, your numbers should
square up to each other after tonight's run.</div>
couple of weeks.&nbsp; I understand from talking to The Webbman at the
breakfast event that you are using some cool tech to optimize your
routes between caches.</div>