[Az-Geocaching] Snow Goose

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:56:48 -0700

Got the following email from Seaman Sever, AKA "Frobro Goose". After
reading his email I have changed his handle to "Snow Goose".

I didn't want to forward the pictures (about 100k) to prevent clobbering
those on narrowband connections. If you'd like to see the photos, email
me direct and I will forward them to you.

Goose's email address is in the header below. I'm sure like everyone
else in the military, he can't possibly get enough email, so drop him a
note.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Sever [mailto:justinsever@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 6:02 AM
To: 'Team Tierra Buena'
Subject: Frobro Goose contacting you from US Naval Submarine Base -
Groton, CT

Hey Steve,

How are you doing? I hope all is going well in Arizona.

Well, I made it through boot camp, and I'm currently in Groton, CT
(Right next to New London).  I'm stationed at the Submarine Base here
and am one week away from graduation of BESS (Basic Enlisted Submarine
School).   I'm probably going to be here for quite some time.   Once I
graduate BESS, then I will be going to "A" school here.   That is my
technical school for Sonar Technision.   I'm having a great time up
here, but wish I could get off the base more often, and get a vehicle up
here because I can't geocache very well without a car.   I acutally
haven't been able to do any geocaching at all since I've been up here.
Not to many caches around that are close (Zip is 06349).

It is quite a change out here than being in Arizona.   The weather is
just a slight bit colder.   I got to experience the wonderful blizard
that the east coast got a couple of weeks ago.   That was a lot of fun.
I've included some pictures of me up in the snow up here.

I hope you continue to have fun caching out there in AZ!