[Az-Geocaching] The stewards are at it again

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 08:06:21 -0800

The cache "Left to Ruin on Rye" was also archived when the SHPO asked that
that one be removed as well. I was planning on hitting that cache (and had
been looking forward to doing it for quite a while now) last weekend. But,
after seeing the cache page, I found out it was no longer available. I
emailed the cache owner and the cache is not even close to the ruins. But,
on the same hill. These people with the SHPO need to get a life. If a cache
is on public land, we have every right to be able to hike about the area...
even if there is an archeoligical site nearby. Some of these ruin sites are
SO far out in the wilderness that 99.999999999% of the states population
will never come near them. In some cases, weather would likely erode them
away before people will!

Scott