[Az-Geocaching] Re: Picture Size Limit Increase?

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:48:00 -0700

--------------000902090006080902020202

>Scott Sparks wrote:
>

>>> Did anyone else notice that there is no longer a 100kb limit to the size
>>> of a picture that you can post with your log on geocaching.com site?  I
>>> just posted a pic of over 800 kb!
>>

>Did the full size picture get posted, or did the server crunch your
>picture down to a much smaller size?
>I remember some talk at some point about having the server do the
>crunching to ease the difficulty of getting an image down to 100k
>
>Brian Cluff
>Team Snaptek

Yes, it appears that the server now does the crunching for you.  A
fantastic improvement in the 'old way' IMHO.  This is especially helpful
for my 'computer challenged' geocaching friends who seem to always need
my help in shrinking the pictures they need to upload. (You know who you
are. ;-) )
--  Sprocket

--------------000902090006080902020202

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
  <pre wrap="">Scott Sparks wrote:
  </pre>
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Did the full size picture get posted, or did the server crunch your
picture down to a much smaller size?
I remember some talk at some point about having the server do the
crunching to ease the difficulty of getting an image down to 100k

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek</pre>
Yes, it appears that the server now does the crunching for you. &nbsp;A fantastic
improvement in the 'old way' IMHO. &nbsp;This is especially helpful for my 'computer
challenged' geocaching friends who seem to always need my help in shrinking
the pictures they need to upload. (You know who you are.<span
-- &nbsp;Sprocket<br>

--------------000902090006080902020202--