[Az-Geocaching] Re: Adopt-A-Highway

Gale Draper listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:24:55 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1465734757-1056698695=:21837

I suggest keeping it as Arizona Geocachers, even if it is done regionally within the state. The land agencies may get confused if it is southern, central and northern Arizona geocachers. We are all one group here. Invite the newspapers out to participate too.

Brian Casteel <bcasteel@cox.net> wrote:[quote]
I think adopt-a-highway is a great idea as well. I'd like to propose we
adopt the road that leads to the trailhead of the McDowell Sonoran
Preserve.

<snort>

Steve
Team Tierra Buena
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahah.....I got a good chuckle out of that.  Highpointer's idea was one I was toying with, but was unsure how to approach it as not to offend anyone.  I was going to look into what to put on the sign, and settled on either Arizona Geocachers or Central Arizona Geocachers, depending on whether or not the regional adoptions occurred.  It would give all three areas an opportunity to adopt their own stretch of highway, and I'm sure that cachers from all over would come down, go up or stay right here and help clean a highway, followed by an event picnic somewhere.

Again, let me know.  I wouldn't be able to manage all 3 areas, so we would need a contact in each region who would be willing to head up the program for that area.  I have all the contact info for anyone interested.

Brian
Team A.I.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

--0-1465734757-1056698695=:21837

<DIV>I suggest keeping it as Arizona Geocachers, even if it is done regionally within the state. The land agencies may get confused if it is southern, central and northern Arizona geocachers. We are all one group here. Invite the newspapers out to participate too.<BR><BR><B><I>Brian Casteel &lt;bcasteel@cox.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV>[quote]</DIV>
<DIV>I think adopt-a-highway is a great idea as well. I'd like to propose we<BR>adopt the road that leads to the trailhead of the McDowell Sonoran<BR>Preserve.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&lt;snort&gt;<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Steve<BR>Team Tierra Buena<BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>[/quote]</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hahahahahahahahah.....I got a good chuckle out of that.&nbsp; Highpointer's idea was one I was toying with, but was unsure how to approach it as not to offend anyone.&nbsp; I was going to look into what to put on the sign, and settled on either Arizona Geocachers or Central Arizona Geocachers, depending on whether or not the regional adoptions occurred.&nbsp; It would give all three areas an opportunity to adopt their own stretch of highway, and I'm sure that cachers from all over would come down, go up or stay right here and help clean a highway, followed by an event picnic somewhere.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Again, let me know.&nbsp; I wouldn't be able to manage all 3 areas, so we would need a contact in each region who would be willing to head up the program for that area.&nbsp; I have all the contact info for anyone interested.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Team A.I.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR><DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp; 1898</FONT></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1465734757-1056698695=:21837--