[Az-Geocaching] Aspen Fire: Scopes & homes

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:57:55 -0700 (MST)

I thought I saw some orange reflected off the bottoms of some of the dark
grey smoke yesterday as well, but wasn't sure if it was reflected light from
the flames or maybe even glowing embers in the smoke clouds.  I saw bits of
what Scott saw today too.  The fire appeared to be laying down a bit this
morning, but around lunch time again (not entirely coincidentally) as the
winds here in town are starting to pick up, I saw some thicker smoke climbing
into the sky again.  I took some more pix, but I don't have any way of
uploading them from here at work, so I'll have to post them to my page later.
The thickest smoke appeared to be at the eastern and western extremes of the
plume I see from the UofA campus.  The western end appeared to be climbing
over a peak probably on the southwest end of the fire and was the stronger
plume.

Jim.