[Az-Geocaching] summer fires

Steven Stringham listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:54:48 -0700 (MST)

I was down from Phoenix to Tucson yesterday for "business". On my way home
I caught a couple of urban's in Tucson proper. This included, by the way,
the Orbis cache! Finally.

Anyways, it was nighttime by the time I started home. The first to the
north (Mtn. Lemmon) and to the eastern mountains were plainly visible as
rings of fire on the mountain sides.

The plumes of smoke were visible for miles and miles away as I approached
along I10. And, with the high winds, I felt I was being blown off the side
of the road as I was driving.

Two mountain fires at once. My heart was aching to see this. Those are
beautiful mountains. This dry weather is just devastating.

Steven Stringham
StringCachers

http://stringham-family.org/