[Az-Geocaching] Get ready for forest closures....

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:34:08 -0700 (MST)

And up here in Yavapai County, I've just returned from my second day
"working" (we don't get paid) the Cherry Fire. We (Jeep
Posse/Sheriff's Office/Forest Service) only had to evacuate a small
part north of Cherry on Tuesday night, so it wasn't too bad. Today,
during my 0600 - 1800 shift, we had three MORE small fires, one at 169
and Orme Rd, one at I-17 and Dugas (most likely cigs thrown out
windows, I hope NONE of you do that! Use the ashtray!) and one in
Walker near Prescott that we almost had to respond to, to help evac.
Whew! It feels like Yavapai Co (and most of AZ) is just on the edge of
igniting......

I know the Mt Lemmon Fire is worse than all this and there are also a
few other bad fires. What a dangerous time! Everybody stay safe and
pray for rain and for the safety of all involved.

Time to start planning a few urban caches and taking up or dusting off
a couple other summer hobbies....or volunteering....

Trisha
Prescott

www.ycjp.org  ---> read about the history of the Yavapai Co Jeep Posse
in a new section we just put on the website, it's kinda interesting!

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:03:39 -0700 (MST), Jim Scotti wrote:

> It looks like Mt. Lemmon is going to be closed for a while with a new
> and
> rapidly spreading fire up there near Marshall Peak south of
> Summerhaven.
> They've evacuated Summerhaven and closed the Mt. Lemmon Highway.
Time