[Az-Geocaching] Picacho Peak Cache

Rob Brinkerhoff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:54:14 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3345A.35AAE8C0

Today I was contacted by Team Marlinspike and
they, so kindly, gave me their blessing to adopt
the old container. I've updated the Picacho Peak
(GCC5D6) web page to reflect the new/old cache
location and renamed it to Picacho Peak Cache
(a.k.a Watch Your Step).

-Rob (Wily Javelina)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rob Brinkerhoff
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
  Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 10:12 PM
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Picacho Peak Cache

  Howdy,
  Last January I placed a cache on Picacho Peak
(GCC5D6), this was to replace the lost and
archived cache Watch Your Step (GC0737). Its had
been missing for over a year at the time. Anyhow,
the container that I had left was found by one
team and then it disappeared, though, I must admit
that I have not been up to verify this. After
several teams logged nofinds, I changed it a
virtual.

  On May 23 a team found my virtual and FOUND the
old cache container, it was in good shape. They
contacted Team Marlinspike (the owners of the
original cache) and got no response. I've
contacted Team Marlinspike as well and have
received no response. Looking at their profile
page, they appear to be no-longer active in
geocaching...it has been over a year since their
last find.

  Here is the deal: I would like to take over
their container and change my cache from a virtual
to a regular. I couldn't think of any
issues/problems with this procedure, so I thought
I would check in with the geocaching community for
some feedback. Does anyone have a problem with me
adopting the container?  I do realize that I need
to go back up and check in on things...though,
this peak is a once a year thing for me.

  -Rob (Wily Javelina)

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3345A.35AAE8C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Today I was contacted by Team =
Marlinspike and=20
they, so kindly, gave me their blessing to adopt the old container. I've =
updated=20
the Picacho Peak (<SPAN id=3DWaypointName>GCC5D6) </SPAN>web page to =
reflect the=20
new/old cache location and renamed it to Picacho Peak Cache (a.k.a Watch =
Your=20
Step).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>-Rob (Wily Javelina)</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dbrinkerhoff@cox.net href=3D"mailto:brinkerhoff@cox.net">Rob =

  Brinkerhoff</A> </DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, June 15, 2003 =
10:12=20
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] =
Picacho Peak=20
  Cache</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Howdy,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Last January I placed a cache on =
Picacho Peak=20
  (<SPAN id=3DWaypointName>GCC5D6), this was to replace the lost and =
archived=20
  cache Watch Your Step (GC0737). Its had been missing for over a year =
at the=20
  time. Anyhow, the container that I had left was found by one team and =
then it=20
  disappeared, though, I must admit that I have not been up to verify =
this.=20
  After several teams logged nofinds, I changed it a virtual.=20
  </SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN>On May 23 a team found my =
virtual=20
  and&nbsp;FOUND the old cache container, it was in good shape. They =
contacted=20
  Team Marlinspike (the owners of the original cache) and got no =
response. I've=20
  contacted Team Marlinspike as well and have received no response. =
Looking at=20
  their profile page, they appear to be no-longer active in =
geocaching...it has=20
  been over a year since their last find.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN>Here is the deal: I would =
like to take=20
  over their container and change my cache from a virtual to a regular. =
I=20
  couldn't think of any issues/problems with this procedure, so I =
thought I=20
  would check in with the geocaching community for some feedback. Does =
anyone=20
  have a problem with me adopting the container? &nbsp;I do realize that =
I need=20
  to go back up and check in on things...though, this peak is a once a =
year=20
  thing for me.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>-Rob (Wily=20
Javelina)</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3345A.35AAE8C0--