[Az-Geocaching] Another travel bug rescue-help requested

Joe Brekke listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:41:43 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C33322.54B29440

For anyone following this "saga" we went up this morning and grabbed =
this Speedy TB...it's actually a cool little car, I'm having trouble =
keeping it from my 28 month old as he just LOVES cars, in fact we are =
using them as incentives for his potty training, and it's working very =
well, looks like when we have our next little boy in 8 weeks, we won't =
have 2 in diapers...yes the dream.  (I still haven't figured out how I =
am going to hike into 3 and 4 star caches with my 2yo on my back in the =
Baby Backpack, and the newborn strapped to my chest in a Baby Bjorn, but =
I'm sure it will make for interesting cache logs)!!  But anyway, when he =
saw this car he just jumped on it and said "MY CAR",  I had to wrestle =
it from him, to very loud protests.

Mark from Magical Memories, perhaps we could arrange a meet or a =
drop-off point for this bug since you said going to go to California =
soon...let me know, my e-mail is joenveng@cableaz.com.

The Rocket Men and Machines Cache is in good shape, if a little lonely.  =
Really it's not that bad...this fat, arthritic, old man made it up there =
in 40 minutes, and down in 45, down is always tougher for me, my =
arithritis is under my knee caps, (the result of high school wrestling =
and skiing injuries), and can make me wet myself at times...so I have to =
be careful going down.  We got to the trailhead at 6:35 am, isn't too =
hot at that time, you can get this cache done before the real heat of =
the day sets in and then go after easier caches when you are through.  I =
did some sweating to be sure, but was not uncomfortable or anything.  So =
even though it is the summer months, I challenge all you fine geocachers =
out there to go for this one!  If I make it up there, I'm sure you can!  =

You get a nice view, can sit and listen to coyotes howling, and actually =
you can nab a 2nd cache (if you haven't already done so) on the way up =
the trail which passes within 75 feet of this cache, which is a pretty =
neat find, so you can get 2 caches at once, to those of you who are =
interested in numbers.

Joe
TeamBlunder
  ----- Original Message -----=20