[Az-Geocaching] Off topic - Windshields

Brent Milner listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:34:34 -0700

Hmmm, I'm sure there are better ways of replacing your windshield. :)

I'm glad you seem to be recovering. Don't look for the memory to ever
return, though. I once got knocked out by diving into a wall during an
indoor soccer game, my first memories are of being in the waiting room with
a bloody towel stuck to my head. But apparently I was having all sorts of
conversations with people before that.

What are you driving nowadays?

-FroBro Q-Tip

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of
HighwayHavoc
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 9:16 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Off topic - Windshields

Has anyone had to deal with replacing a cracked
windshield? My itty-bitty little GEO Metro must have
been sleeping on the road about a year ago when a semi
kicked a rock up at us. The car didnt duck and paid
for it by getting nicked right in the windshield. As
the year wore on, that little nick became a crack that
zigzagged down the entire window from top to bottom.
Many a time Ive mentioned to my wife that I really
oughtta get that window replaced, but then someone
else took care of it for me.

A week ago I entered an intersection to make a left
turn when a Jeep Cherokee ran his red light and popped
my little GEO right smack on the drivers side of the
vehicle (where I had undoubtedly been sitting
serenely, whistling the tune to Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah). My
car was totaled, thus taking care of my windshield
predicament. What a relief not to have to worry about
that any more! Of course there was the concussion,
gashed head, busted ribs and other assorted dings and
bangs that Ive had to deal with since that day, but
no more windshield!

If you ask my kids about the incident, they will
probably tell you that the worst part of the whole
tragedy was the fact that I got to ride in an
ambulance (complete with wailing sirens) to the
hospital, but I dont even remember it. In fact, the
entire day has been wiped clean from my memory chips.
The best part of the incident, the kids could tell
you, was when I was sitting at home asking questions
about what happened. I would receive the answers, but
then Id ask the same questions about 5-10 minutes
later. It became somewhat of a routine that the kids
got a kick out of.

Mark A. Pedersen