[Az-Geocaching] FINISHED! Arizona Backcountry Adventures GPS Coordinates

Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:52:15 -0700

Let me be the 1st to thank you for all you work. I know that I will be
using the items.

Barry (team Hiker)

              Virgil Silhanek <silhanek@cox.net>
                                                                To:                                         listserv@azgeocaching.com
              Sent by:                                          cc:
              az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.        Subject:   [Az-Geocaching] FINISHED! Arizona Backcountry Adventures GPS
              com                                                Coordinates

              Monday June 9, 2003 10:47 AM
              Please respond to listserv

Fellow geocachers,

I think if I had known I'd be typing in 2550 waypoints when I started
this, I wouldn't have done it.  I am sending the completed file to Jason
at azgeocaching.com to be linked from the site.

The naming system I used is as follows:

Each waypoint is 6 characters long.

I used E, W, C, and S as the first character of each waypoint
representing the 4 regions in the book (Northeast, Northwest, Central,
and South).

The 2nd and 3rd character represent the trail number.

For the 4th character I incorporated the trail difficulty.

The 5th and 6th character are for the waypoint number.  I just labeled
them in my book 01 though however many there were for each trail.

**Another thing that should be noted is while typing in everything, I
found what I believe to be 3 errors in the book.  I corrected the
following 3 waypoints. (S21603, S30719, and C29516)  They seemed to be
typos, but I could also be wrong and thought I should point those out.

**I guess I should also add a disclaimer that even though I checked my
work to make sure it was the same as in the book, there isn't a
guarantee that it is 100% correct.

Virgil