[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching.com server issues

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 08 Jun 2003 13:05:35 -0700

Brian Casteel wrote:
> By now I'm sure most of you have noticed the crawling speed that the gc.com website has been running at for the last few weeks.  Being /.'ed didn't help either, and now the site is completely down, due to either DDoS or they've finally tapped out the server's capabilities.
>
> Been getting this error all morning:
>
> HTTP Error 500-13 - Server too busy
> Internet Information Services

My guess would be that Jeremy either has a runaway process that slowly
eats the machine alive, or the site is getting some form of Denial Of
Server (DOS) attack.
I'm betting on the run away process myself.  I know that it's happened
to us more than once.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek