[Az-Geocaching] Re: Gnoshing suggestion

xWaterLilyx listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 01:21:19 -0700 (PDT)

> I would prefer not to have to do that, just because
> of the work load it
> would involve and the human factor... we have all
> heard the stories
> about the volunteers that help out Jeremy with
> geocaching and throw out
> people perfectly acceptable caches.  That just
> causes more work pleading
> with them to approve it..etc etc.
> I dunno what I'll do...
>
> Brian Cluff
> Team Snaptek

Well, what your talking about are reviews right.
Well, just like reviews for movies, you take them with
a grain of salt and realize that the people aren't
going to have the same taste as you, might be having a
bad day, the restaurant might be having one.. etc.
I'd be more concerned with trying a place if it has
several reviews that said it was not a great place to
be then if it just had one or two no matter how bad
the review.  Maybe they ordered a 'new' menu item, or
there was a new chef, or waitress.. whatever the
reason (excuse).

As for editing, why allow it?  Just let them post
another note so there is a full history.  If the
restaurant has that big a deal about a bad review then
have them post a note saying how they 'fixed' it or
something without actually deleting anything.

Just a thought.

=====
xWaterLilyx & RTF
Team H20