[Az-Geocaching] Kangaroo's revenge

Loran Wilcox listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:58:48 -0400

I had almost 50 finds before I logged any caches online. To me a find is a
find, and stats are a personal thing. Logging online give the finder a
record of their finds. The only reason to go out to the caches again would
be to put an entry in the physical log under the new name. Plus for caches
that no longer exist this would not be possible.  I would say log them and
if there are any owners that require a new physical entry take care of
those. Most cachers won't mind you logging your finds late just use the
actual day you found them in your online entries so that the stats will be
real.

Team Sand Dollar

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike" <mike@leaplab.com>
To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 11:47 PM
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Kangaroo's revenge

> If I just log the caches that I had found previously it's going to
abnormally through off the stats...  I know this might annoy *someone*.  :-)
:-)

found. Use the original find date and just put a note in your online logs
that you previously logged them as part TeamLeapLab.  If any cache owner
doesn't except that then just refind them and make a physical log entry.
It's not like you didn't find the cache.

> Team Sand Dollar

inspired the name "TeamLeapLab" and decided to change the team name to Team
AZevil.  I guess he had the right to do this as officially he was captain
since he was the one that went through the motions of signing up...
although I was the one that first suggested we start geocaching as he had
never heard of it before (no, I'm not bitter).  :-)

> Originally I thought he was starting a new team until I just tried to log
into "our" account and noticed it no longer existed and that all "our" past
finds are now under Team AZevil instead of TeamLeapLab.  I originally
noticed this after wondering why I hadn't received any more finds on our
trademark "The Kangaroo is Watching" cache.... Well, it had been archived...
that's why.

> My question is this. . .  if I decide to start a new team can I in good
conscience revisit all of the caches I did under what is now considered Team
AZevil and log them as a new find?  After all, I was with Brian at all but a
few of those caches... we were always a two cacher team with the exception
to a handful of caches he did with his wife.