[Az-Geocaching] I'm back...

HighwayHavoc listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 07:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

I also had a touch of that pneumonia business not too
long ago. One day while sitting at the computer, some
movement caught my eye and I looked out the living
room window just in time to see two young teenagers
running up our driveway. That didn’t look good so I
stood up to see what the deal was and realized that my
two boys’ bicycles were parked under a tree right next
to the house. I started running outside to give chase
but I had two things against me: 1) my legs had been
crossed while sitting in the chair and one of my legs
had gone to sleep, and 2) I had the pneumonia.

With that cotton-pickin’ dead leg of mine, I hobbled
out the front door and yelled at the intruders to get
the *&^% out of here. One of the boys threw a bike
into the back of a waiting truck, the other bike was
thrown into the street and the two boys ran off on
foot. By now my dead leg had come back to life so I
ran after the boys, but I couldn’t even get across the
street without wheezing up a storm. All I could do was
get back home and call the police – and the story
continues from there. (The one stolen bicycle has not
been recovered and the thieves were never caught.)

Mark A. Pedersen