[Az-Geocaching] What should I do when a geocacher looses my TB?

Joe Brekke listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:36:11 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C3552E.BCBD8760

I've had travel bugs that I thought were lost that showed up again 4 =
months later.  Hang in there it may come back.  I currently have one =
that has logged more than 17,000 miles, and now it is lost.  I'm =
hopeful.  Something I have done, and something that I have seen others =
do is to use the Copy Tag and make another TB out of it...but I would =
wait until you are pretty sure that you're not going to see the other =
ones again....just call it (insert name here) Copy Tag.  I enjoy =
watching my TB's move - (or not move, a lot of people who get travel =
bugs feel that they have to then put them in very low frequency or hard =
to get to caches).  TB's really aren't that expensive so if I lose a =
couple, it's all part of the game.  I'll put more out just because I =
like to watch them.  I had one that lasted for 4 days, I contacted the =
person about it, and he replied that he was sick of my pesky travel bug =
and would place it soon...he never did, and by looking at his profile, =
he never visited the site again, and that's the one I replaced with the =
Copy Tag..(though Highpointer retrieved that one a few days later and =
put it into a cache on the 17th of May that hasn't had a visitor =
since...as I said a lot of people figure they have to put TB's into =
difficult out of the way caches.  You just have to decide for yourself =
whether it is really a waste of money for you, if it is, don't put any =
more out, if you want to watch them, put more eventually one will get =
around fairly well.

I like to watch them, so for me, I will buy more and put them out =
there....the choice is really up to you.

Hope this helps.

Joe
TeamBlunder
  ----- Original Message -----=20